Monday, October 19, 2009

Stained Glass


Materials needed: yellow, green & red tissue paper cut in 1" squares; clear contact paper; an apple pattern ran off on construction paper; green construction paper;

Procedure: Cut out the middle of an apple from red, yellow or green construction paper and lay it on a piece of clear contact paper. Have your child lay down pieces of the red, yellow and/or green tissue paper squares on to the contact paper. Magically it sticks! :) Add a stem and a leaf from green construction paper if you wish. Hang in your window.

P.S. Back in my teaching days, it was a fun idea to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's bday (Sep 26th) and have an apple party. It was the perfect way to kick-off fall! :) Due to our lack of storage, my teaching files are tucked away in my SIL's crawl space, but I do remember some fun apple activities involving math, science, art, music etc. If you are interested feel free to send me an email at kellygirl562@gmail.com