Monday, October 4, 2010

Bike Wash

The above picture was found from google. Unfortunately I did not snap my own pictures of this :(

I wish I had my own picture for this activity. Sorry! Sometimes we just get too wrapped up in an activity to remember to pull out the camera and I guess that's OK :)

I got this idea from my sister-in-law. The adults had some yard work and organizing in the garage to do and the kids needed something to keep them entertained. My super smart SIL got out all their bikes and a big tub with soapy water and sponges, rags etc. She told them to have a bike wash.

The kids thought it was a blast! They had so much fun covering their bikes with soap and then spraying them off with the big hose. When they were finished, they ended up covering themselves with soapy bubbles and rinsed off by running in the sprinklers. They were enjoying themselves so much that they didn't even realize they had helped their mom by washing the dirt of summer off their bikes :)

I totally recommend it!